Baker Mountain Research Corporation
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit scientific research corporation founded in 2010.
The mission of Baker Mountain Research Corporation has three complementary aspects: to advance scientific knowledge, to develop science-based solutions to local and global challenges, and to foster scientific education. A particular challenge we seek to address is the lack of scientific career and educational opportunities in our region. We work to build an interdisciplinary community that facilitates synthetic and analytic exploration, mentorship, sharing of experiences and which provides fair financial support.
- 28 October 2014: Baker Mountain staff give STEM presentation at the WV Higher Education Technology Conference
- 27 October 2014: Baker Mountain staff chair Big Data Panel Session at CreateWV conference in Glenville, WV
- 11 September 2014: Baker Mountain staff present computer science research at NASA IV&V workshop in Fairmont, WV
- 7 May 2014: Baker Mountain staff featured in Rensselaer colloquium: Issues in Cognitive Science
- 7 November 2013: Baker Mountain staff participate in Appalachian Regional Commission entrepreneurship meeting in Charleston, WV www.arc.gov
- 26 September 2011: Baker Mountain receives quantum computing research and development award.
- 18 January 2012: Baker Mountain staff to consult on three year artificial intelligence research and development project.
- 17 June 2012: Baker Mountain staff present artificial intelligence research at Turing Centenary Conference held at Cambridge, University.
- 17 July 2012: Baker Mountain staff present research at IARPA Quantum Computer Science PI meeting in Princeton, NJ.
- 21 September 2012: Baker Mountain Research Corporation granted 501(c)3 tax exempt status as a 170(b)(1)(A)(vi) public charity.
- 27 October 2012: Baker Mountain wins crowd-funding event. press release